In the early days…
Mo started in the financial services industry as a Financial Advisor in 1983. In the mid 1980s he established his own group of financial services and property businesses. Currently, he works in a non-executive capacity with a number of businesses in the Stoke-on-Trent area.
In 2009 he set up a unique pilot mentoring project with an inner City School to inspire young people by linking them with positive role model.
Mo has also worked with various charities, including:
- National Deaf Children’s Society (participated in a desert bike ride in the Middle East to raise funds)
- NSPCC: fundraising with friends John Caudwell and Phil (The Power) Taylor
- Hosting charity collection points at Water World for NDCS, NSPCC, Douglas Macmillan Hospice, Caudwell Children, Donna Louise Trust and others
- Staffordshire Lions: annual event for disabled children hosted by Water World at a cost of £3k
- Al Amir Foundation School in Pakistan middle school for around 200 children: provided land for the school and financed start-up
- Has recently set up an endowment fund for good causes with the Staffordshire Community Foundation. The largest private donation to date.
- M Club Foundation: set up to help and support sporting and wellness causes and hard to reach deprived groups.
Mo Chaudry – the sportsman…
Unable to speak a word of English when he first came to England, and bullied at school, Mo coped with the culture shock by developing his fighting talents. His growing confidence and educational achievements gained him a place at grammar school (first Beech Hill High School, Luton; later Wellington Grammar School, Telford). But his over-confidence resulted in him leaving with just one O-level in English literature.
The failure of his father’s business, his disappointment at his scholastic achievements, and daily encounters with racism spurred him on to reassess his ways. After gaining O- and A-levels, he moved in 1980 to Staffordshire, and took a degree in sports science at Staffordshire University, supporting himself by working as a doorman.
Mo’s natural sporting talents were put to the test at university. He won a silver medal in weightlifting at the 1982 Student Olympics and Bronze in Power Lifting. Previously, while studying at New College (6th form) he had won caps for Warwickshire County Cricket Club (under 19s). Later, as a player for Shifnall CC, Telford, he won full Shropshire CCC caps. He also won plaudits for his martial arts and amateur boxing exploits.
Mo has enjoyed some memorable and extremely challenging adventure trips:
- Cycling through the Jordan desert in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia to raise funds for the National Deaf Children’s Society
- Two-week adventure in the Sahara with the Bedouin
- Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and the 3 Peaks in the Uk
- Tower To Tower rowing challenge completed May 2015, 450 nautical miles of rig rowing from London Tower Bridge to Eiffel Tower.One of only 125 rowers ever to achieve this extreme event and the 1st Asian to do so.
Mo lives in Staffordshire.
Why not book Mo Chaudry for your next event?
Mo Chaudry | Keynote and motivational speaker is the perfect choice for your corporate event, business dinner, conference or awards ceremony. Book Mo Chaudry and make your event a success!